Humanities Nebraska's mission is to help Nebraskans explore what connects us and makes us human. Our statewide programs, partnerships, and grants reach Nebraskans from Omaha to Kimball.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $15 provides a gift book to a Prime Time family, bringing kids and their grown-ups together for reading and discovery.
- $50 helps bring a Speakers Bureau program at a school.
- $100 sends a student to Capitol Forum Day to deliberate on global policies.
- $500 turns on the sound and lights at an evening Chautauqua performance.
- $1000 helps support a discussion leader at a writing workshop for veterans and provides a leadership gift with recognition in our Patron's Circle.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Veterans find a creative outlet and support on their journey to healing at Nebraska Warrior Writers workshops. Facilitated by professional writing instructors and aimed at veterans and active duty military personnel, the workshops focus on developing writing strategies, skills, and feedback. Writers also bond as they encourage each other to write and share their work. According to one U.S. Air Force veteran, military spouse, and participant in Nebraska Warrior Writers, "It's hard to have a hobby as a mother of four young children and with an active duty spouse who deploys, but I've come to realize that finding a creative outlet and pursuing it can be energizing and healing. The Warrior Writers group has been a place to share, encourage, and make concrete strides in writing, all of which have helped me keep that artistic fire alive." The writers recently produced their first anthology, From Warriors to Warrior Writers: Journeys to Healing.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6160
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508