The mission of Humanities Nebraska is to help Nebraskans explore what connects us and makes us human.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 per month helps provide gift books for families during Prime Time Family Reading Time. ($60)
- $10 per month sends a high school student to Capitol Forum Day at the State Capitol. ($120)
- $20 per month brings a Speakers Bureau program to a school or library. ($240)
- $50 per month supports a travelling Smithsonian exhibition as it tours smaller Nebraska communities. ($600)
- $100 per month provides professional instructors at therapeutic writing workshops for veterans and active duty military. ($1200)
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Steve is the sole librarian in his small Nebraska community, but by using the Humanities Nebraska Speakers Bureau, he can stretch his budget and provide engaging programming for people of all ages.
A U.S. military veteran, Patricia had not dealt with her post-traumatic stress disorder until participating in Nebraska Warrior Writers. Being able to write stories and poems helped her find ways to express her thoughts and feelings in a way she had never been able to do before.
James was performing poorly in first grade until his teacher suggested his parents bring him to Prime Time Family Reading. Now he enjoys reading books with his parents and younger siblings, and he is in an advanced reading group.
Isolated from friends and family during the pandemic, Vicki participated in Dear Stranger, HN’s letter exchange program. Vicki's letter was sent to a participant who lives in different part of the state, with differing experiences and perspectives. Now the two exchange letters regularly.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6160
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508