Give Nebraska is a nonprofit federation. It was founded in Lincoln, Neb., in 1981 by four non-profit agencies that wanted to conduct worksite fundraising campaigns but were not included in traditional community campaigns.
Give Nebraska participates with United Way and Combined Health Agencies Drive (CHAD) in workplace giving campaigns and conducts individual workplace campaigns. With a donor-directed system, Give Nebraska ensures that contributions support member agencies as designated, rather than by predetermined allocation levels.
When you review the list of Give Nebraska agencies, you may find that more than one has played a part in your life.
Give Nebraska recognizes that it is your campaign, your money, and your choice.
Since its inception, the goals of Give Nebraska have been:
- To strengthen the fundraising capacity of its nonprofit member agencies by conducting workplace-giving campaigns.
- To provide more choices in giving to individual donors.
Who Are We?
Give Nebraska exists to connect you to the causes you care most about.
We make it easy and effective for workplaces and employees to support positive change in their communities. In other words, we exist to help YOU make a difference.
Thanks to your help, countless lives are changed every year, and our communities can grow stronger.
What's Our Mission?
Give Nebraska connects you to the charities you care about through Workplace Giving. Here’s how it works: businesses and employers who want to give back to their communities become our partners (or, our “Worksites”) and give their employees an opportunity to automatically donate a small portion of their regular paychecks.
When employees give to Give Nebraska, those donations go straight to our nonprofit partners (or, our “Member Agencies”). Thanks to hundreds of regular, small donations, these nonprofit organizations can accomplish amazing things in your community.
Give Nebraska connects donors to causes they care about most.
Give Nebraska Core Values
- The empowerment of all donors to make independent decisions about philanthropy.
- Cooperation for the greater good.
- The ability of community donors and volunteers to engage with causes they care about.
- The independence of our member agencies.
- Diversity of organizations and missions improving the quality of life for Nebraska.
Workplace Giving only succeeds because, at the end of the day, we believe people are generous. We all want our work to matter. We really do want our communities to be stronger, better places to live.
People want to change the world, but don’t realize that they can make a difference personally. Giving to charity might seem like something wealthy people do, or something you do some day, when you are “wealthy enough” to give.
But here’s the truth. Most donors look just like you: middle-class folks who decide to give a little bit every day. And when a lot of people give a little every day, it adds up, fast.
Why is Workplace Giving Important?
For a small amount deducted from each paycheck, regular employee giving…
- Has helped animals in need of a loving home get adopted into their forever home (Capital Humane Society).
- Has protected Nebraska's prairies, rivers, and wildlife (The Nature Conservancy in Nebraska).
- Has helped brothers and sisters separated by foster care reconnect at Camp Catch-Up. (Nebraska Children and Families Foundation).
For many more testimonials from those who employee donations have helped, read more about our member agencies’ impact.
GIVE NEBRASKA FOLLOWS THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS GUIDELINES ESTABLISHED BY THE ASSOCIATION OF FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONALS. Click here to view.
IRS 990 FORM AND OTHER FINANCIAL REPORTS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.