NCHS, established in 1893, serves children and families throughout the state. Our three core services are Adoption, Foster Care, and Family Support.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $50 provides starter necessities for a child in out-of-home care.
- $125 provides a car seat for a child.
- $250 sponsors monthly kinship caregiver support groups.
- $500 provides food, clothing, and personal care items for a child.
- $1,000 provides one month of support to kinship caregivers.
- $2,000 covers the average cost of family finding for a child
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
As a single mother, Olivia needed more resources to care for her children, “I came here as a means to access resources because I have so many children and as a single mom, that was something that I needed.” After being referred to NCHS, Olivia says she found just what she needed. She currently meets with a self-sufficiency specialist weekly, who she says has helped her to gain trust in others. Olivia also works with her specialist to discuss goals and to talk about the progress she is making. She is also excited because NCHS is assisting with funding a vehicle to comfortably seat her four children. “There are so many people in our community that need resources and a place like Nebraska Children’s Home Society. If other parents like me knew, then life would be easier for not just me, but for my neighbors and people in my community,” says Olivia. She continued, “My specialist has helped me to trust people outside of my family and to feel like there are people who will see past your flaws.”
4939 South 118th Street
Omaha, NE 68137