The Nebraska Coalition enhances safety and justice through promoting prevention efforts, public policy advocacy, training, and capacity building support to those serving survivors.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 provides Safety Planning brochures for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, helping them to prepare for their future.
- $10 allows for the printing of educational materials for survivors, sharing information about services in Nebraska.
- $25 helps to provide training sessions for Advocates regarding how to provide empowering services for survivors.
- $50 supports the cost of the prison advocacy hotline for incarcerated survivors to reach out to an Advocate.
- $75 provides a primary prevention curriculum to a member domestic violence/sexual assault program to promote healthy relationships in their community.
- $100 helps to provide legal services to survivors who would not otherwise be able to obtain legal representation.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Through the pandemic the Nebraska Coalition has seen many more barriers isolating survivors and has continued to strive to center survivors and their healing. As a result the Healing and Hope project was born out of a collective of survivors who came together to create healing exercises to support survivors during their journey towards rediscovery. There are 13 grounding and meditative practices developed by survivors for any survivor of violence, and are available in English and Spanish. These developed practices are meant to reach any survivor at any time they need, and support survivors in practice self-help and coping skills that may assist with calming, grounding, and relaxation.
In addition, to the grounding and meditative practices, trauma-informed resources have been developed to support survivors when dealing with the distress related to seeking medical and dental care. These resources both serve as a support to survivors and also can be given to the medical or dental provider to help them ensure they are providing trauma competent medical care.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6050
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
245 South 84th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510