The Nebraska Coalition enhances safety and justice through promoting prevention efforts, public policy advocacy, training, and capacity building support to those serving survivors.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 provides Safety Planning brochures for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, helping them to prepare for their future.
- $10 allows for the printing of educational materials for survivors, sharing information about services in Nebraska.
- $25 helps to provide training sessions for Advocates regarding how to provide empowering services for survivors.
- $50 supports the cost of the prison advocacy hotline for incarcerated survivors to reach out to an Advocate.
- $75 provides a primary prevention curriculum to a member domestic violence/sexual assault program to promote healthy relationships in their community.
- $100 helps to provide legal services to survivors who would not otherwise be able to obtain legal representation.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
The Nebraska Coalition is enthusiastically striving to engage the youth in our state in meaningful ways that connect with our mission. We recently created a program titled Nebraska Engage for the purpose of including young people in the work of the Coalition. Nebraska Engage allows us to reach and involve youth across the state, build young leaders, and support the causes that align with our mission. Under the umbrella of Nebraska Engage, a Young Leaders Coalition was created. This is a professional development program designed to educate and activate the next generation of young leaders.
Youth have also been centered through the Mediums for Change: Youth Expression Project that is sponsored by the Nebraska Coalition. This opportunity encourages middle, junior, and high school students to respond to one of five social justice prompts in a form of expression such as poetry, prose, art, or digital media. The entries of chosen participants are published in a booklet.
The ultimate goal is to empower youth to gain knowledge about social issues affecting our communities, increase confidence in addressing the identified topics, and aid young individuals in becoming more likely to participate in activism in the future. The Nebraska Coalition believes that the youth will continue to take the anti-violence movement forward to help create transformative culture shifts in our world.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6050
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
245 South 84th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510