Open Door Mission is a Gospel Rescue Mission that meets the needs of individuals and families while inspiring HOPE for lasting change.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $2.15 provides a nutritious meal for a hungry individual.
- $10.75 provides 5 nutritious meals to those who are hungry and hurting.
- $36.31 provides one night of safe shelter, nutritious meals, and quality care for a single guest.
- $181.55 provides 5 full nights of safe shelter, nutritious meals, and quality care for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- $254.17 provides 7 full nights of safe shelter, nutritious meals, and quality care for individuals experiencing homelessness.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Adam came to the Open Door Mission in complete desperation. He had a difficult home life, and began stealing, drinking alcohol, and smoking marijuana at a young age.
“I ended up getting sent into the youth detention center for stealing,” says Adam, “It got worse when I turned 18 because I went straight to prison for robbery. I started going in and out of the penitentiary for years to come.”
With few healthy life skills, each time Adam was released from prison, he would turn to his old ways of robbery, gang involvement, and drug abuse before being sent back to the penitentiary again.
The last time Adam was released from prison, he needed a way out. Fleeing gang activity, he came to the Open Door Mission in hopes of finding safety and help for drug addiction and mental health challenges.
As Adam arrived at Open Door Mission, he experienced a breakdown and collapsed on the floor. That was when the Men’s Center Director extended his hand out to Adam and offered the help he so desperately needed.
“If it wasn’t for Open Door Mission, I would be in prison or dead right now.”
While progressing through the New Life Recovery Program, Adam has witnessed God’s work in his life. His children have grown to respect and love him, his attitude has changed, his love for God has grown, and he now has life skills that will empower him to be self-sufficient and successful.
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6465
(Includes City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies)
Combined Federal Campaign: 73234
State of Nebraska:
2828 North 23rd Street East
Omaha, NE 68110