We provide economically and culturally disadvantaged youth with the belonging and purpose they need to grow and reinvest in their community.
HOW WE USE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- $5 covers the cost of a ticket to an event in our all-ages music venue for low-income/at-risk youth.
- $10 covers a skateboard and helmet rental for a low-income/at-risk youth skateboarder.
- $15 covers the cost of a skateboarding lesson at our Skate School for low-income/at-risk youth.
- $100 cover the cost to provide an iPad to three students participating in The Bay Online after-school programming.
- $125 covers the cost to provide a skateboard and helmet to a student participating in The Bay Online after-school programming.
A STORY FROM OUR AGENCY:
Pre-COVID, our Skate Director, Matthew, had been working regularly with a special needs student, Brandon (name changed). When we first closed the doors to The Bay, Matthew made sure Brandon got a skateboard and helmet so that he could continue to skate, and while he used it a few times, he was eager to be able to skate at The Bay with Matthew. After a very long year, we were finally able to schedule a skate session with Matthew and Brandon in a safe way. His caretaker said afterwards, "This was the most engaged I have seen him in a long time. He loves being 'hands on' and fully emerged in things he loves. He's been all smiles since we took the mask off in the car."
CAMPAIGN CODE NUMBERS:
Campaign Code: 6435
(For campaigns at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City of Lincoln, LES, LPS, Lancaster County, SCC and private companies.)
State of Nebraska:
2005 Y Street
Lincoln, NE 68503